The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise (ARC Review)

Yay!!! Another ARC off of the Review list!! :)

And a good one at that!

From Goodreads:

The Boyfriend App















In The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise, super-smart, somewhat geeky Audrey McCarthy can’t wait to get out of high school. Her father’s death and the transformation of her one-time BFF, Blake Dawkins, into her worst nightmare have her longing for the new start college will bring.

But college takes money. So Audrey decides she has to win the competition for the best app designed by a high schooler—and the $200,000 that comes with it. She develops something she calls the Boyfriend App, and suddenly she’s the talk of the school and getting kissed by the hottest boys around. But can the Boyfriend App bring Audrey true love?


My Thoughts:

The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise was a pleasant surprise! It had a classic love story with this unique twist, in that the main character, Audrey, really knew her tech stuff!!  It was interesting, yet at the same time I will admit I had no idea what some of those terms meant...however, one thing is for sure!!

I WANT THE BOYFRIEND APP!!!!! 

How cool would it be if there was an app that told when your perfect match was within 5 yards of you???  That would be awesome!!

Overall rating:
I truly enjoyed it!  It was a cute contemporary romance, with some over the top moments, but overall super cute with that unique twist of having a super smart female character who is a kick-a#$ computer hacker!
Definitely recommend this one to teens!  :)

You can get your copy of Katie Sise's The Boyfriend App on April 30th, or preorder it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble! :)


The Romance Bookies :)

Comments

  1. I want that App! And that book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this one looks really intriguing! I'm not really a big fan of science fiction, so I don't know if I'm going to read it, but I do have to admit that app sounds awesome and Audrey sounds like one smart cookie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this isn't a science fiction book! Audrey is just really smart when it comes to computers! Believe me, when I say its contemporary and really cute!

      Delete
  3. This sounds awesome! Where can I find this app? Great review!:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick