Fifty Shames of Earl Grey by Fanny Merkin (Audiobook Review)

Hey Everyone,

So it's been a while.  Unfortunately everything is just completely insane in my life.  With a mixture of school and personal problems I've just honestly not had the mind power to read.  However, because I have a 45 minute commute to my school every Monday and Wednesday I was able to listen to another audiobook for the audiobook challenge I'm participating in this year!

That audiobook was Fifty Shames of Earl Grey by Fanny Merkin, read by Allyson Ryan.

From Goodreads:



Young, arrogant tycoon Earl Grey seduces the naïve coed Anna Steal with his overpowering good looks and staggering amounts of money, but will she be able to get past his fifty shames, including shopping at Walmart on Saturdays, bondage with handcuffs, and his love of BDSM (Bards, Dragons, Sorcery, and Magick)? Or will his dark secrets and constant smirking drive her over the edge?

My Thoughts:

I definitely laughed during this one!  It's a parody after all of Fifty Shades of Grey, which some of you may remember I read a while ago.  Now let's be honest here, nobody reads Fifty Shades of Grey for its writing, right?  If you say you did, huh!  Yeah...right...

Anyway, my favorite part of Fifty Shames of Earl Grey were the funny liners making fun of EL James's writing.  For instance there were lines like, "I gazed at his gazingly handsome grey eyes." Such a true interpretation of James's tendency to repeat words...repeatedly.

Overall, I thought it was entertaining to listen to once.  I laughed a number of times, but in the end, it is a one time listener.

My rating:

I'd recommend to those of you who were like and read Fifty Shades for the entertainment.  If you absolutely LOVE the books, and hate bashers of the books...then, well, don't read or listen to this one...

Thanks everyone!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. I have never read Fifty Shades Of Grey and have no interest in reading it, so probably wouldn't get as much out of this book as you did, but it sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick