Goodbye 2011, HELLO 2012!!!

Hello Everyone! After this post I don't want to hear anything from ANY of you for the rest of this year! Do you understand that? Nothing! ;)

As we're all celebrating this coming New Year, all hoping for a great glorious year of dreams coming true; I'm going to spend these next couple of minutes and reflect on some of my favorites of this year (2011).

While this was a year of ups and downs (well, what year isn't??!!) let's remember some of the things, that I don't know about you, but thing I will personally not forget...

1. Harry Potter has officially come to an end ;( (sigh....).  I still get tears in my eyes, just thinking about it...



However, thanks to the reading world, and then many devoted fans around the world, Harry Potter, you will not be forgotten....Especially, thanks to...

2. Pottermore was announced this year.  JK Rowling gave all of us Harry Potter fans, a wonderful surprise when she announced that she would be (sort of) continuing the Harry Potter legacy. 1 Million fans (I was one of them!! :)), were granted early access into the wonderful world of new discoveries, involving JK Rowling's magical world.



3. How about the beautiful fairytale wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.  Viewed by millions, many of whom are still routing for them to add some positivity to the royal family (one they already accomplish...allowing the first born, whether it is a male or female to be the next in line to inherit the throne)


4. While the royal wedding was a fairytale, there is one wedding a lot of people didn't not see lasting...and guess what?? IT DIDN'T!! BIG SURPRISE!!



5. And then I just really want to add this one, because I sure loved it...


I will definitely be extremely sad when this series comes to an end next year...;(


So while, those are the highlights (the majority of those involve weddings!! Jeez, I guess I'm just too much of a romantic ;)), I should probably also mention my favorite BOOKS of this year (!!!).  After all this is a BOOK BLOG!! :)

So these are my list of favorites, that I personally read this year (they weren't necessarily released this year though):

Favorites of 2011:

1. Favorite New Discovered Author:

 

2. Favorite Series:

The Mortal Instrument Series by Cassandra Clare

3. Favorite Conclusion to a Series:

Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares (the conclusion to the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Series)

4. Favorite Action Packed Book in a Series:

Catching Fire (#2 in The Hunger Games Trilogy) by Suzanne Collins

5. Favorite Book where the Sequel was even better than the first!:


Where She Went by Gayle Forman (Sequel to If I Stay)

6. Favorite Heartbreak book:

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

7. Favorite Book by a Debut Author:

Pyxis by KC Neal 

So that's it for this year! I hope all of you are celebrating your New Year just the way you want to (my personal choice for this year: Sitting on the couch watching the ball drop in Time Square with my mom :), I know probably sounds lame to some of you, but I didn't want to spend my New Year with a group of random drunk college students ;))

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!  And remember, I better not hear from any of you again this year! ;)  I will talk to you all next year again :).  Let's make 2012 a good one!!
The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick