Today was such an awesome day!
I know I said that I wouldn't start In My Mailbox until the New Year, but I just HAD HAD HAD!!! to share this! I mean look at it! Isn't it beautiful??!! And you want to know the best part?? I got ALL of these books for FREE!!!!!
A friend of mine was getting rid of ALL of these books, and she told me I could take whatever I want! And you know, I can never say no to FREE books!
Did I mention they were free???
Anyway, here's what I got: (and a couple of these were even on my wishlist on Barnes and Noble) :):
- After: Amy Efaw
- Kissing Annabel: Steven Herrick
- Bottled Up: Jaye Murray
- Far From You: Lisa Schroeder
- Tricks: Ellen Hopkins
- Chasing Brooklyn: Lisa Schroeder
- Two Way Street: Lauren Barnholdt
- Bras & Broomsticks: Sarah Mlynowski (I read this one a few years ago, and remember it being really cute, so I wanted to read it again :))
- Back When We Were Grown-Ups: Anne Tyler
- Criss Cross: Lynne Rae Perkins
- The Mother-Daughter Bookclub
- Before I Die: Jenny Downham (this one has been on my wishlist for a while :))
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower: Stephen Chbosky (this one has a movie being released next year, with Emma Watson (from Harry Potter), so I'm interested in reading this one)
- The Secret Language of Girls: Frances O'Roark Dowell (wishlist :))
- Carter Finally Gets It: Brent Crawford
- Impulse: Ellen Hopkins
- Glass: Ellen Hopkins
- The Sky is Everywhere: Jandy Nelson
Also, I told you guys yesterday that I got to go to the Ronald Reagan Library today. I have wanted to go there for a quite some time now, and never had the chance before today. So I wanted to share with you guys some of the pictures I took while there.
|1700-1709 era tree|
|The Wild West Era Tree|
|The Roaring Twenties Tree|
|1950-1959 (like the Barbie? :))|
|2000-2009 (Mrs. Nancy Reagan actually came to decorate this tree a couple of weeks ago)|
|This is a love letter President Reagan sent to Nancy Reagan on Mother's Day|
|Loved this quote!|
|The Oval Office Desk (I asked, there isn't a twin in England #NationalTreasure)|
|Air Force One (Nixon through 2001 Bush rode in this plane)|
|Santa Claus?? Where's the Sleigh??|
So that was my day today. I think it was definitely a great way to spend the first anniversary of The Romance Bookie! :).
I hope everyone had a great day, and I will most likely be writing again tomorrow, because I am ALMOST done with my book!! So talk to you all tomorrow again :).
The Romance Bookie :)