WOW!!

Do you see this??? All I have to say is: HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY TO THE ROMANCE BOOKIE!!! YES!

Today was such an awesome day!

I know I said that I wouldn't start In My Mailbox until the New Year, but I just HAD HAD HAD!!! to share this!  I mean look at it! Isn't it beautiful??!! And you want to know the best part?? I got ALL of these books for FREE!!!!!

A friend of mine was getting rid of ALL of these books, and she told me I could take whatever I want! And you know, I can never say no to FREE books!

Did I mention they were free???

Anyway, here's what I got: (and a couple of these were even on my wishlist on Barnes and Noble) :):
  • After: Amy Efaw
  • Kissing Annabel: Steven Herrick
  • Bottled Up: Jaye Murray
  • Far From You: Lisa Schroeder
  • Tricks: Ellen Hopkins
  • Chasing Brooklyn: Lisa Schroeder
  • Two Way Street: Lauren Barnholdt
  • Bras & Broomsticks: Sarah Mlynowski (I read this one a few years ago, and remember it being really cute, so I wanted to read it again :))
  • Back When We Were Grown-Ups: Anne Tyler
  • Criss Cross: Lynne Rae Perkins
  • The Mother-Daughter Bookclub
  • Before I Die: Jenny Downham (this one has been on my wishlist for a while :))
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower: Stephen Chbosky (this one has a movie being released next year, with Emma Watson (from Harry Potter), so I'm interested in reading this one)
  • The Secret Language of Girls: Frances O'Roark Dowell (wishlist :))
  • Carter Finally Gets It: Brent Crawford
  • Impulse: Ellen Hopkins 
  • Glass: Ellen Hopkins
  • The Sky is Everywhere: Jandy Nelson
Now that's what I call a great load!! I am REALLY looking forward to reading all of these! Of course, it will take me a while haha; but over these next couple of years, I am sure I will enjoy each one of these :).

Also, I told you guys yesterday that I got to go to the Ronald Reagan Library today.  I have wanted to go there for a quite some time now, and never had the chance before today.  So I wanted to share with you guys some of the pictures I took while there.
1900-1909 tree

1700-1709 era tree
The Wild West Era Tree
1910-1919 tree

The Roaring Twenties Tree      
1930-1939 tree

1940-1949 tree


 
1950-1959 (like the Barbie? :))

2000-2009 (Mrs. Nancy Reagan actually came to decorate this tree a couple of weeks ago)


This is a love letter President Reagan sent to Nancy Reagan on Mother's Day

Loved this quote!

The Oval Office Desk (I asked, there isn't a twin in England #NationalTreasure)

Oval Office
Air Force One (Nixon through 2001 Bush rode in this plane)
Reagan's Limo
Santa Claus?? Where's the Sleigh??

Reagan's Memorial

I loved this trip! The "library" (which is actually a museum, not an actual library where you can check out books!! Yes, I asked :)), is SO beautiful! It was extraordinary looking around.  The thing that probably stood out to me the most, is how romantic Reagan must have been with Nancy!  Me being the hopeless romantic, read a few of the love letters on display that Reagan had given to Nancy throughout their marriage.  Did you know he gave her over 700 letters?? I thought that was so sweet.

So that was my day today.  I think it was definitely a great way to spend the first anniversary of The Romance Bookie! :).

I hope everyone had a great day, and I will most likely be writing again tomorrow, because I am ALMOST done with my book!! So talk to you all tomorrow again :).

XOXO 
The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick