City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare Review

***WARNING!! May contain Spoilers from previous books in series!!!***

So I finally read it!!! City of Lost Souls, that is! :)

I've been trying to hold this off, because I just couldn't stand having to wait months for Clockwork Princess, which I know is in the Infernal Devices series, but none the less, I know I will have Cassie Clare withdrawals for the next few months!!! While Meg Cabot is my contemporary drug, Cassie is my paranormal addiction!

However, to continue my Mortal Instrument addiction I now have to wait until March of 2014!!!!! Yes that is a FOUR not a three!! I am going to die!!!!

At least in between that time we have Clockwork Princess and the City of Bones movie!!!!!

Anyway time for my review:

Description from Goodreads:
City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)

What price is too high to pay, even for love? When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost?

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.

My thoughts:

WOW!!! Just wow!!

Let me just start by saying WHY I love Cassie Clare's books so much: Because no matter what is going on, everything is just amazing!  The characters, the story, this world that she invented, just everything!

To be honest, if I admit to myself, there was about 200 pages in this books where not much action was happening...but here is the thing, it didn't matter to me!  I think I've mentioned this before, but on the paperback edition of City of Bones (at least on my copy) there is a quote from Stephenie Meyer (Twilight), that couldn't describe better how I feel about this series, "The Mortal Instruments series is a world that I love to live in. Beautiful!"  There is just better way to say it!

What I love about this series too, is the fact that it can be for both girls AND boys I think. In fact Women and men too!  It's got something for everything. Love for the women, and action for the men!  Not saying I don't like some action myself, but with that action I'm definitely looking for some romance in between there.  

I already know when the movie comes out next August, a frenzy will ensue! It will be the Twi-Hards thing ALL OVER again, except this time...the Jace-Hards!  lol or Simon-Hards, or Alec-hards!  Who knows, I am not a name inventor, all I know I think this is going to be the next huge franchise.  Which in a way, I'm excited about, because it will allow me to get a shiny new bookmark to add to my collection ;), and allow this beautiful series to come to life; but also sad, because now, in a way, whenever this happens, a series sort of loses its specialness, so to speak.

I do want to share some of my favorite quotes from City of Lost Souls (this is something that I'm thinking of adding next year to all of my reviews) :


  • "Are you kidding? Because you have never done one single thing for me in the entire time since I became a vampire.  Instead you have done your level best to make my life miserable and then end it. So ____ if you want in vampire language___ it affords me great pleasure, my liege, to say to you now: Hell, no." -(page 124 bottom (first edition Hardcover)) Simon to Raphael
  • "Simon patted the seat beside him as if someone were sitting there.  "Let me introduce you to my good friend No."" -(pg. 140, bottom) Simon to Clary
  • ""You can kill yourself," Magnus said, somewhat unhelpfully. "As far as I know, inanimate objects can accidentally kill you. So if you were planning on teaching yourself the lambada on a greased platform over a pit full of knives, I wouldn't." 
 "There goes my Saturday."" -(pg. 303 middle) (Magnus and Simon)

I am 100% looking forward to and DYING to read City of Heavenly Fire!! In the mean time, I'll just be forcing myself not to cry over some of the parts that happened at the end of this book, because I'm hoping for happier endings, in what I've heard, but am not 100% sure about will be the final book in the series.  Clockwork Princess, which is the final book in the Infernal Devices Series is also supposed to be the last in that series. (which will be released next March!) 

Overall Rating:
 


Anyway I recommend this series to EVERYONE!!! If you love Paranormal, action, love triangles, love, friendship, fantasy worlds that are absolutely amazing, then READ THIS SERIES!!! I'm serious, I honestly, don't think you'll regret it! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick