Another book that has made my top favorite books of all time...

You know it's typical!  The few times I borrow a book instead of buy it, I absolutely fall in LOVE with the book.  It happened with Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) and it happened with Gayle Forman's second (and hopefully final) novel in her If I Stay Series; and believe me, it's because I don't want to own the books, (OH I DO!!), it's that since I'm a "starving" college student, my funds are pretty low (but believe me I will find a way to buy this book!! There's always Christmas ;)).

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)
I read If I Stay last year, and I remember bawling my eyes out as I stood next to Mia, as she witnessed the world around her crumble, after the accident that changed her life forever. 

Now three years later, Where She Went, is in the point of view of Adam, Mia's high school boyfriend, who she left behind when she moved to New York City three years earlier (after recovering from the accident that took her parents and little brother's lives) to pursue her dream of playing the cello at Julliard.  Since then, Adam has never fully recovered from the heart brake Mia left in him when she left; however, because of the heart brake Mia did inspire him to write a triple platinum album for his band that made his band's career skyrocket.

Adam's in New York, about to leave for a sixty-seven night tour all around Europe with his band "The Shooting Stars", when he finds himself walking the streets of Manhattan and in front of Carnegie Hall, where he sees a familiar picture of the girl he loved and never truly forgot.

That's the night Adam gets all his questions answered.  The questions he's asked himself practically everyday for the past three years, since Mia left.  Why did she leave? And why without so much as a goodbye? 

Adam finds himself go on a small adventure into the night with Mia,  and finds out what exactly was going through her mind when she took off to New York, never returning any of his calls and emails.


I have read some great books in my life...a lot of them have stuck with me, and some I just sort of forgot about...but I know one thing for sure...This one, Where She Went, I will never forget.  Gayle Forman wrote a novel that absolutely stunning, beautiful, and unforgettable.  Such a touching story that had feeling as if I was standing right next Adam as he retold everything that had happened in his life over the past three years.

Rating:


This one I will not forget.

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick