Countdown!!!

Okay, I know there are MANY people who either hate or just don't care for this series; I'm one of the (it seems like it...) few remaining fans of this series.  I know a lot of people think they are poorly written, the story line is cliche, something is wrong with this or that...well, I personally don't feel that way.

Even though I do enjoy the movies...yes, I do!, they aren't the reason for my love for this series.  For me it's the books.  I absolutely unbelievably, irrevocably (haha, a fan would get this...) am in love with the story.

I have sort of made a tradition out of reading this series.  For the past three years, I have read this series at least once a year.  I read them the first time, at the beginning of my senior year in 2009, which was a few months before the first movie came into theaters (I actually hadn't known there was going to be a movie, until shortly after I'd finished the first book).  After I read that first book, I was hooked! I ended up reading all four books in less than two weeks!  And since then my tradition has been to read the books again right before each movie comes into theaters.

Well, it's that time again...next month the first part of the fourth movie is coming to theaters, which meant time to read it again...of course I didn't mind...haha except the whole part where I had carry that humungous books, which is the size of a really thick textbook, around in my purse. 

If you haven't already figured out what I'm talking about, let me help you out, and get you into the loop...I'm talking about, none other than the Twilight Saga, of course.  Now, some of you who read this, are either groaning with annoyance (because you're most likely thinking of those hundreds of insane fans, aka The "Twi-Hards"), or if you were like me, you'd be going "Awesome!! I'm so excited for this movie!!). 

As you can see I did post the countdown on my sidebar a few weeks ago, I found it online and thought it would be awesome to have.  But I also wanted to keep up my tradition and reread the book again, for probably about...oh only THE MILLIONTH TIME!!! (Okay, obviously not thaaat long, but it's been quite a few times...;)).  Anyway, you're probably wondering...what is the point of this post???

Well, the answer is either: none, or how I like to see it, "Me, getting ready for the countdown!!" 

Since, everyone pretty much knows what this series is about, I don't think I need to give you guys a summary of the storyline...if you don't know, then go and ask someone on the street...one in five people, I say, will be able to tell you what it is about :). 

So here goes!! 26 days and 45 minutes, as of this second, until the release of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1.  Who else is excited???!!! :)

               

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick