Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

This past February I got the amazing opportunity to go to a super awesome event in Long Beach, CA.  It was called Passion and Prose.

At the event I was not only able to meet my all time favorite author, Meg Cabot, but also DOZENS of other fabulous authors!  It was truly a day to remember for me!

Among those amazing people I had the opportunity to meet Andrea Cremer, the author of the Nightshade Series.  She was super sweet, and signed my copy of Nightshade!

Andrea Cremer at the Breathless Panel speaking table
My signed copy of Nightshade

Well, I have FINALLY found the time to read Nightshade, after these past seven or eight months!

Before I give away too much about what happens, I'll give you the Goodreads description, so hopefully I can avoid giving away too much!
Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)
LOVE THIS COVER!!!

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything- including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?


My thoughts:
This book had so much awesomeness to it!! Like, seriously! There was action, romance, forbidden love, a love triangle, werewolves, drama, humor!  Jeez, what didn't it have?!  It kept me on my toes from beginning until end!  Along the way, I had a hard time putting it down numerous times!  The writing I thoughts was really great, excellent wording, sentences, etc.  There is just so much positivity about this book!

In a way, it reminded me of SO many of my favorites combined!  I felt a bit of Twilight and Mortal Instruments included!  There were no vampires though!!! Promise!! I know how a lot of people are getting sick of them (I'm not, when it comes to Twilight, but I definitely get it! For me it's sort of like that, but with the Dystopian genre).

I highly recommend this book to fans of paranormal, werewolf loving, love triangle, suspense seeking thrill seekers! Even if you're not a fan of paranormal usually, you may be surprised when you pick up Nightshade!
  
Overall Rating:
 

Hope every one had a great weekend!!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. I didn't pick this one up at Passion and Prose but your review makes me regret that decision. I love vampires too! By the way email me your mailing addy. I have a surprise for you! littlepocketbooks at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is SOOO good!!
    AND OMG Seriously??!! I emailed you right away!! :)

    I love surprises!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nightshade sounds really good! I have a copy that I still have to read, but I'll definitely be moving it up in my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick