Rachel Carrington Interview (author of "Waking Up Immortal")

Just another Manic Monday right?! :)

Anyway today's post is a special interview with Waking Up Immortal author Rachel Carrington!


The Romance Bookie: Describe Waking Up Immortal in 2-3 sentences.

Rachel Carrington: Just discovering her immortality, Chloe is on a mission to find her long lost father. It turns out he’s in an intergalactic prison, and she just happens to get on the bad side of his warden—a huge, cyborg type of guy who could body double for Sylvester Stallone. While Chloe is trying to convince Kier to let her see her father, all hell breaks loose, and suddenly the warden is the only thing standing between her and certain torture.
 
TRB: What inspired you to write Waking Up Immortal? 

RC: As usually happens with all of my books, I get the first line in my head, and the story just builds itself. I was just minding my own business one day, and the line “I could die today, but I wouldn’t stay dead” popped into my mind. So I instantly knew the heroine was going to be immortal. After that, I knew she had to have a hero who could be her equal even though he wasn’t immortal. Enter Kier, and the more I wrote about him, the more I knew this would have to be a series.
 
TRB: When and why did you first begin writing? 

RC: I began writing at sixteen when my boyfriend was killed in a motorcycle accident. I wrote a poem to celebrate his life. He’d been encouraging me to write for a while, and though I’d given it a couple of half-hearted tries, it was his death that inspired me to really begin the journey.
 
TRB:  What has been the most difficult, and the most fun about publishing your work? 

RC: The most difficult is knowing when to draw the line between self-promotion and over-exposure. I try to keep from saturating my readers with overly promotional posts because it can easily become an annoying commercial.

The most fun is being in complete control of covers, release dates, and the editorial schedule. It’s been very liberating.
 
TRB:   Your favorite book of all time? 

RC: I get asked this question a lot, and my answer never changes. I don’t ever think it will. Everlastin’ by Mickee Madden.
 
TRB:   Which do you prefer: hardcopies or ebooks? Why? 

RC: Definitely e-books. The Kindle has made it easy to read so much more than I was every able to before. I’ve lost count of the number of books I’ve read this year. It’s such a simple process to finish one book and immediately start another because you don’t have to go looking for another book. It’s right there at your fingertips.
 
TRB: Any advice for aspiring writers? 

RC: Get connected in the online community. Follow other authors on Twitter and Pinterest. Like their Facebook pages. And learn from them. Join in the conversations because you could glean a small piece of information that is more beneficial than anything you could discover on your own.

 You can find out more about Rachel's new novel Waking Up Immortal on Goodreads and Amazon!
 Or you can visit Rachel over her Website! :)

Let's make this a great week everyone! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick