While I'll be watching the Los Angeles Premiere live tonight on Yahoo!, pretending to be there, walking the Red Carpet (or Black Carpet in this case) with Robert Pattinson (Sigh...), Kristen Stewart, and Taylor Lautner, and the rest of the awesome cast!, I have decided to dedicate this entire week to Twilight posts! I will be reading, watching, breathing, and eating Twilight (okay, so not eating, because that would mean I am drinking raw animal meat, and quite frankly that is just disgusting!), but you get what I mean! :)
Day #1 on the Countdown to the final film in The Twilight Saga, Breaking Dawn Part 2 is officially only 4 more days until the official release!
Today's post, for Day 1, is a somewhat review, of Twilight. The reason I say somewhat is because, if you don't already know this, I LOVE this series! I love everything about this phenomenon. The books (especially!!), the movies, the chosen cast, and just the overall Twi-Hard experience!
I've never been one of those fans to go to the extremes of going to "Tent City" on Premiere night (I will admit, though, I have considered it!), but there was a time (quite some time actually) where this series was pretty much all I could talk about! I would try any excuse whenever possible, to get the opportunity to talk about this series. Whether it be about the books (which, I don't mean to brag here, but I'm sort of an expert on...), the movies, the cast, etc. I didn't care! And in fact, I still don't care, I just absolutely adore this series so much!
Anyway my review of Twilight (and in fact the rest of the books for this week) is going to consist mainly of my favorite quotes from that book, and the description from Goodreads (for anyone who has been living under a rock these past 5 years).
So here goes:
Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Isabella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Isabella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife-between desire and danger.Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.
Now to my favorite quotes:
- "They were both wiling to come with me, but I encouraged them to go have fun --- they didn't know how preoccupied I could get when surrounded by books; it was something I preferred to do alone." (pg. 156)
- "'You're intoxicated by my very presence.'" (Edward to Bella) (Sorry, I forgot to write down the page number on this one)
- "'Could you believe that, despite everything I've put you through, I love you, too?'" (pg. 419, Edward to Bella)
- "'You can sleep, sweetheart, I'll carry you,' Edward soothed me." (pg. 457) (Edward to Bella)
- "'He called you pretty,' he finally continued, his frown deepening, 'That's practically an insult, the way you look right now. You're much more than beautiful.'" (pg. 494) (Edward to Bella)
So those are all the quotes I wrote down from Twilight. I'm sure if I were to read it right now again, I would come up with a ton more, but these are just a few of the ones I absolutely adore! :)
So tomorrow, I will be posting a Music Tuesday, dedicated to the release of Breaking Dawn Part 2 on Friday! And then on Wednesday my review for New Moon will go up! :)
The Romance Bookie :)