2012 Challenges Wrap-up!!

Wow, 2012 is officially over!!  Since I've already reflected on last year (haha, I remember it like it was yesterday...), it's time to wrap-up the challenges I participated in 2012!

1.  The Harry Potter Challenge!
 

Okay, so I originally read Harry Potter around the time they are came out! I started in 4th grade, which for me was in 2000 (so two-three years after the first was first released).  I LOVE this series! But I've been trying to listen to them all year in audiobook form (which I something I've never done before for a book!)

I'm really enjoying the Narrator's voice, but unfortunately, I was only able to completely listen to the first three books.

So I've decided to extend this challenge until the end of next year, just for my own personal goal! :)

So final count, I completed:
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerers' Stone
  • Harry Potter and the Chambers of Secret
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Books I should Be reading Challenge!


Reading With Martinis

My goal was to read 10-15 books off of my ginormous shelf of books that I've had sitting in my room for years!

Here are the books I read off that shelf (which had a total of 41 books on it last year):

1. Victoria and the Rogue by Meg Cabot
2. 1-800-Where-R-You: When Lightning Strikes by Meg Cabot
3. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
4. Twisted (Pretty Little Liars #9) by Sara Shepard
5.  The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
6. The Psychopath Test  by Jon Ronson
7. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
8.  1-800-Where-R-You: Code Name Cassandra by Meg Cabot
9.  1-800-Where-R-You (#3-4) Vanished by Meg Cabot
10.  The Tales of Beedle the Bard by JK Rowling

So I completed it!! :)

3.  The ABC Challenge!! Host by  The YA Book Club on Goodreads!

A: Across the Universe by Beth Revis, Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson, Avalon High by Meg Cabot
B: The Baby Trap by Sibel Hodge
C: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare, City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare, Chicken Soup for the College Soul, Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally, Cinder by Marissa Meyer, Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
D: Delirium by Lauren Oliver, Dancing Naked in Dixie by Lauren Clark
E: Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
F: First Date by Krista McGee, The Fate of the Muse by Derrolyn Anderson, Feyland: The Bright Court by Anthea Sharp
G: Gift by Andrea Buchanan
H: A Healing Heart  by Melissa A. Hanson
I:  Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr
J: Jersey Angel by Beth Ann Bauman
K: Knee Deep by Jolene B. Perry
L: The Lifeguard by Deborah Blumenthal, Lia's Guide to Winning the Lottery by Keren David
M: Matched by Ally Condie, A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
N: The Next Best Thing by Jennifer Weiner
O: One for the Money by Janet Evanovich, Olivia Bean, Trivia Queen by Donna Gephart
P: The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson
Q:
R: The Reluctant Bachelorette by Rachael Anderson
S: Starters by Lissa Price, Specials by Scott Westerfeld
T: Torn by Stephanie Guerra
U: Until Next Time by Amy Lignor, Underworld by Meg Cabot
V: Vanished (#3-#4 in 1-800-Where-R-You Series) by Meg Cabot
W: Withering Tights by Louise Rennison, When Lightning Strikes by Meg Cabot, Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard, Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr, Wonderstruck By Brian Selznick, Welcome, Caller, this is Chloe by Shelley Coriell
X: Dancing Naked in DiXie by Lauren Clark
Y: The Rock Star's Daughter by Caitlyn DuffY
Z: The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian SelZnick
So I pretty much completed this one!!
 My goal was to read at least 25 ebooks this year! I totally surpassed that big time!! :)

Here are the ebooks I read this year:
1. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
2. First Date by Krista McGee
3. Withering Tights by Louise Rennison
4. The Baby Trap by Sibel Hodge
5. The Lifeguard by Deborah Blumenthal
6. Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
7. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
8. Olivia Bean, Trivia Queen by Donna Gephart
9. Starters by Lissa Price
10. Gift by Andrea Buchanan
11. Until Next Time (#1 in the Angel Chronicles) by Amy Lignor
12. Torn by Stephanie Guerra
13. A Healing Heart by Melissa A. Hanson
14. Night Sky by Jolene B. Perry
15. Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe by Shelley Coriell
16. Dancing Naked in Dixie by Lauren Clark
17.  The Fate of the Muse by Derrolyn Anderson
18. Feyland: The Bright Court by Anthea Sharp
19. Knee Deep by Jolene B. Perry
20. Size 12 and Ready to Rock by Meg Cabot (ARC)
21. The Rockstar's Daughter by Caitlyn Duffy
22. Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Claire (ARC)
23. The Diary of Darcy J. Rhone by Emily Giffin (Short story)
24. If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones (ARC)
25. Swim by Jennifer Weiner (a Short Story)
26. Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft by Jody Gehrman
27. 'Scuse Me While I Kill This Guy by Leslie Langtry
28. Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett
29. When We Touch (Whiskey Creek #0.5) by Brenda Novak
30. Lip Service by MJ Rose
31. Populazzi by Elise Allen
32. My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris
33. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
34. For What It's Worth: Karey White
35. The Toadhouse Trilogy: Jess Lourey
36. Feyland: The Twilight Kingdom: Anthea Sharp
37.  Losing It: Cora Carmack


So now to my personal reading challenges!


I completed the Goodreads challenge of reading 100 books! I originally started off wanting to read 50, then raised that to 60, but when I surpassed that sometime in July I believe, I figured what the heck, let's make it a 100!  I accomplished it!


I read 104 books this year!


Now to my page challenge...


I do this one just for fun, for myself, every year, for the past 5-7 years.  This year my goal was to read 24,000 pages....


The amount of pages I was able to read...


33,002!!!!

!!!!!!

Whoo-hoo achieved and dominated that goal!! That means next year, my goal will be to read 33,000 pages!!! :)
  
Super excited!! :)

I'm REALLY looking forward to starting 2013 challenges!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Fantastic! Way to reach, then surpass your goals.

    I read 54 books this year and was delighted about that because if I'm not reading, I'm writing, so there was lots of writing going on.

    There are ALWAYS so many more books I want to read than I can read . . . but that's what makes it fun.

    Here's to being all booked up in 2013! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha "booked up" love that!

      54 is great! I am absolutely amazed with myself that I read as many as I did in 2012! And there are definitely WAY more books out there that I want to read, but have not been able to get to!

      Delete
  2. Those are great achievements! Wonderful list of books you have! :)
    I was able to read 60 (the goal was 50). I don't think I can increase it this year by much! College is more than hectic and I won't even be getting any vacations this year (hello internship!).

    I so like the sound of those books. How did you find Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on meeting your goal!! It's always really exciting! :)

      And AGTW was pretty good. A cute easy paranormal read. I recommend it if you like younger teen paranormal novels. The second one will be coming out in the next few months I believe! :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck on all your challenges this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rocked those challenges! I love your page challenge too! I never thought of that!!!! Congrats! *happy dance*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick