Perks of Being a Wallflower movie Review


Image from imdb


So I FINALLY saw the movie for The Perks of Being a Wallflower today!!

First off, let me just say that I was very skeptical walking into that theater today.  Honestly, I enjoyed the book, but had a somewhat tough time getting through it, because Charlie was pretty complex person.  

I read The Perks of Being a Wallflower back in October, and ended up giving it 3 stars...I know, a lot of you who read it are probably having their jaws drop.  Why did I give only 3 stars?

Well, honestly, because at the time I thought it just wasn't my type of story.

However, now I know why!

It's because this book needed to be seen come alive!

The movie was absolutely beautiful!  The story came to life with the actors that Stephen Chbosky, who not only wrote POBAW, but ALSO produced, directed, wrote the screenplay, AND cast the entire production!

I was thoroughly and pleasantly surprised by how many stars were featured in the film!  Logan Lerman, who I was absolutely genius as Charlie, was previously in the film adaptation of Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, and he will be featured in the second movie, Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters in the next couple of months as well!

Emma Watson, who may have let her British accent peek a couple of times throughout the movie, did a fabulous and otherwise very convincing role for Sam!  She was gorgeous, with that cute pixie cut, that somehow proved to me that she has moved on from the highlight of my childhood Harry Potter, playing the amazing Hermoine Granger of course (as if, you didn't already know that! :)).

And then there was Ezra Miller, who played Patrick! Wow, this guy can act!  I am honestly looking forward to seeing him other features in the future!

There were also some great side characters, such as Mary Elizabeth, played by Parenthoods Mae Whitman!  And then their was Paul Rudd, who made a perfect Mr. Anderson, Charlie's English teacher!

If you haven't seen the movie I HIGHLY recommend this one!  There were parts that were brought alive, that I honestly didn't even get in the book!  There were small things left out, however, overall the movie was absolutely perfect! 

My rating:
Hope everyone had a great weekend!! :)

The Romance Bookie :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick