Bared to You by Sylvia Day

***WARNING*** Mature Eyes Only!!! No body under the age of 17!!***

I was recommended Sylvia Day's Crossfire series, by one of my blogging friends, Liz, over at Books I Think You Should Read and Yes/No Films.
Liz ended up trading with me the first two books of the series, with two of my old books; so I was definitely looking forward to checking them out!

Well I finished Bared to You last night, and let me just say I'm glad it got recommended to me!!

From Goodreads:

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness… He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I’d never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily…

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other’s most private wounds…and desires.The bonds of his love transformed me, even as i prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

My Thoughts:

This book was hot! Dang!
And in so many ways better than Fifty Shades!  I know a lot of people have been comparing the two, and to be honest I understand why.

However, this book was WAYYYYY better written, wasn't as intense as Fifty, and had a story that was a lot more unique than the fan-fiction James wrote for Fifty.

I enjoyed listening and getting to know the main character Eva.  I thought she was a lot stronger and independent than Ana, from Fifty.  Ana was always very dependent, and couldn't speak her mind a lot of times, and just sort of went with the flow when it came to Christian; but Eva really has her own thing.  She was deeply wounded, and has been carrying some demons with her throughout most of her life; and through that she's been able to grow stronger, and learned not to depend on others during the important things in life.
I enjoyed a strong female protagonist in a role like this!

My overall rating:
I recommend this one to Fifty Shades fans.  However, if you didn't like Fifty, but you like these types of books normally, then definitely check this one out! It's got strong characters, events that felt very real; and a starter to a series that is sure to be exciting!
It did leave off with a lot of unanswered questions, that I'll be looking forward to having answered in books 2 and 3! :)
Have a great weekend everyone!! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Glad you liked it! I will probably check out the third book once it's out too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not coming out until the 7th of May!! UGH!! Good thing I still have the second one to read! :)

      Delete
    2. Ooh okay. I hate waiting! lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick