Pyxis/Airel/Arson Tour: Nightmare Becoming Real by KC Neal Guestpost

In Pyxis: The Discovery, main character Corinne and her friend Mason discover they’re having the same vivid nightmares, and they suspect the nightmares are more than just dreams. Their search for answers hasn’t yielded much, and in the following scene things take a scary turn. It seems their nightmares are becoming real, and their need for help is suddenly much more urgent.

    It was a pretty small crowd at the cove, especially for a Saturday night that time of year. Mostly juniors and seniors were there, and a lot of the kids were drinking beer. That wasn’t really my scene, so after a few minutes of hovering around the bonfire with the guys, I drifted back to the path leading to the meadow. The smell of cold, moist soil, pine trees, and sweet grass was like a balm on my stressed brain, and I inhaled deeply a couple of times to soak it in.
    When I bent to collect a few pinecones to toss into the fire later, I caught an electric blue flash out of the corner of my eye. I looked up at the sky just as a streak of green light billowed across the stars, followed by an orange glow that pulsed a couple of times before it disappeared.
    “Nice,” I murmured, my head tilted back so I could take in the light show. A purple glimmer undulated just above the tree line, and I smiled. Purple was my lucky color, and I was two for two this year: two visits to the cove and two twilight rainbow sightings.
    At the far edge of the meadow, I caught a faint white glow. It actually looked like a pulsating cloud of millions of tiny lights. I frowned. That was definitely not part of the twilight rainbow phenomenon. The cloud seemed to bulge out toward me, and my heart thumped uneasily. I blinked hard a couple of times.
    Then I smelled it. The spoiled meat, burned rubber scent from my nightmares.
    All the air whooshed out of my lungs, I stumbled back a couple of steps, the pinecones falling from my hands. This couldn’t be happening. I sniffed the air again, hoping it was just my imagination. But it was strong enough now to make my eyes water.
    I turned to run back to the beach and nearly took Mason out, crashing hard into his chest.
    “Oh my God, do you smell that?” The words tumbled from me, and my voice shook with panic. I grabbed his arm. “That’s how the fog smells in my dreams. I think it’s coming from over there.” I pointed to the pulsating glow across the meadow.
    “Yeah, I smell it,” he said, looking past me to the meadow. He started guiding me back toward the bonfire. “I think it’s starting to dissipate. But we better get out of here.”
    “What is it, Mason? How could that smell be here? What’s going on?” I was practically begging him to answer. My heart raced, and I couldn’t seem to catch my breath. Mason moved faster, towing me by the hand until we reached the edge of the tree line. He stopped just outside the circle of light created by the bonfire.
    “Corinne, it’s okay,” he said, holding me firmly by the shoulders. I turned to look back toward the meadow, certain I would see a dirty black cloud billowing toward us. He pulled me around to face him again. “There’s nothing coming after us. We’re okay. Just take a couple of deep breaths.”
    I nodded and obeyed. “How did you know to come? Did you smell it from the beach?” I asked once I felt a little calmer.
    “No. I just got worried when I couldn’t find you after a while,” he said, but his eyes darted to the side, and I suspected there was something he wasn’t telling me.
    “What’s happening, Mason?” I whispered.
    “I don’t know. But I don’t think we’re in real danger.” I couldn’t help silently tacking yet onto the end of his statement.
    “Okay, if you say so,” I said, not trying to hide the doubt in my voice. I looked back at the meadow. The cloud of pinpoint lights was brighter than before, but it no longer appeared to be bulging toward me. The air smelled fresh again, and my pulse began to slow. I closed my eyes and pressed my fingertips to my eyelids. “God, I feel like I’m losing it.”
    We rejoined the group around the bonfire, and Mason didn’t leave my side the rest of the night.




Thanks KC for the great Guest Post!!

Here's some information about all three amazing books!

AIREL by Aaron Patterson & Chris White
$2.99 on Amazon.com | £2.21 on Amazon UK
Airel is a story about an angel who falls so deeply in love with a woman that he chooses to fall from heaven to be with her. She gives birth to a daughter in Arabia, 1250BC. The girl is pursued ferociously, relentlessly by an enemy in the deepest darkness. In present day Boise, Idaho is just a girl: Airel. She's just your average high school student...who turns out to be anything but average. It's because of who she is, because of her ancestry, because of her lineage. Past and present crash in on each other in the final pages as what has been twisted comes dangerously unraveled.




ARSON by Estevan Vega
99c Amazon.com | 86p on Amazon UK
Arson Gable feels like a freak. He can create fire. He never asked for it. He never wanted it. But he can't shut it off. Before now, three things were true: he both loved and despised his grandmother; his life was going nowhere; and he was alone. But when a strange girl--who feels more normal behind a mask than inside her own skin--moves in next door, Arson hopes to find something he's never had: purpose. Using what he fears most about himself, Arson must face his consuming past and confront the nightmare that is his present as he walks the fine line between boy and monster.





PYXIS by K.C. Neal
99c on Amazon.com | 86p on Amazon UK
Corinne lives an average teenage life working at her dad’s cafe, hanging out with her best friend, and trying to forget a falling-out with her almost-boyfriend Mason. Things take a strange turn when she uses her late grandmother’s food dyes for a bake sale, and her customers suddenly find her irresistibly alluring. Then she discovers she and Mason are haunted by the same dreams of a dark force that consumes everything in its path. Pursued by shadowy figures and a crazy woman with secrets from the past, Corinne must find out who her grandmother really was. In her quest to unravel her family’s history, she learns she is destined to protect this world--and the dark world of her dreams. She races to find the answers she seeks before her nightmares break free.

Don't all of those look great??  I have personally only read Pyxis so far, but I have heard GREAT things about both Airel and Arson.  All three books are really affordable!


The authors are also giving away a KINDLE!!!   Enter HERE!!!!!

I completely forgot to mention this before, but I actually won my Kindle, from KC Neal! So it's really awesome that she is once again a part of such a HUGE giveaway!

Thank you KC, Aaron Patterson, Chris White, and Estevan Vega for having me be a part of this amazing tour!

I will also be doing a giveaway for this awesome tour! I will be giving away a SIGNED Bookmark AND a SIGNED  Magnet from Pyxis!! Leave a comment with your email address please on this post  and Tomorrows and FOLLOW me and you will be entered in the running.  :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and don't forget if you get a chance, don't forget to download these three great books!! :)
 


The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Wow looks amazing, full of suspance. Cant wait to get my copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Stacie! Thank you! And if you want to get into the running for the Signed Bookmark and Signed Magnet, just leave your email address here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each of these Boo's sound awesome! Thanks for the chance! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need your email addresses for you to be entered into the Giveaway please!! And don't forget to Follow please! :)

    And thank you Aaron Patterson for having me on this tour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This books look so good!

    I followed via GFC as Willinda and my email is trskovahanka@gmail.com
    Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick