Cyborgs? COMPLETELY AWESOME!!!!!

Okay, so I am going to honest here...when I heard of the word Cyborg, I was thinking of a mix between a robot and a zombie.  Why?? I don't know, to be honest, I haven't seen that many movies about Cyborgs...but here's the definition...

Cyborg: noun, a person whose physiological functioning is aided or dependent upon a mechanical or electronic devise.  

That would suck. Right??
Well, Cinder definitely thinks it sucks. But she's learned to live with it.  She was turned into a Cyborg after getting into a terrible "car accident" when she was eleven.  She doesn't remember anything from before, only what she's heard.  She lives with her stepmother (or more like semi-adoptive mother, since Cinder more like BELONGS (as in, is a possession) to her stepmother, and two "sisters".  

The plague is going around and one of her sister's (her favorite one) has caught it.  She's taken away and isolated away from everyone.  And Cinder's stepmother blames her for it, so she sends her away to be a "volunteer" to the Cyborg draft, where Cyborg's are being tested on to find a cure for Letumosis.

When Cinder reaches the clinic, the doctor finds something surprising, a few surprising things actually, all which will change Cinder's life forever.

While all this is going on, Cinder has also caught the attention of a very fine high prominent gentlemen...the prince of the commonwealth.  Prince Kai.  Unfortunately, Cinder's keeping her biggest secret from him...you know, the one where she forgets to mention she's a CYBORG!!

That's when Cinder's real troubles erupt.  As Cinder is trying to save her sister by helping the doctor find a cure, help Kai with his troubles with the evil Lunar Queen...oh yeah, I forgot to mention her!!

Queen Levena, the evil manipulating queen of the moon.  She is able to control people's thoughts with her mind, while at the same time make everyone believe she is beautiful, when in reality she is hideous, from both the outside and inside!

Will Cinder be able to help Kai? Her sister? And the doctor? Will she be able to escape her evil stepmother and the evil Queen?  When will she tell Kai that she is a Cyborg? Or will she at all??  And lastly, would Kai ever accept her again, after finding out the truth?

All of this, you can find out in Marissa Meyer's Cinder. :)

I truly enjoyed EVERY SINGLE moment of this book! I thought it was awesome! So beautifully written, great characters, the story line, absolutely genius!  I am a total sucker for a good Cinderella story, and this one just might the best adaptation I have ever read.  So beautiful and clever!!

I found the book trailer on Youtube:

I CAN'T wait for the sequel, Scarlet, which is set to be released next year!!! Oh my goodness, I will definitely pre-ordering that one!! :)

Can't wait to meet Marissa on Saturday!! It should be awesome!!

I really want to come up with some questions to ask her!!



The Romance Bookie :)












Comments

  1. I loved Cinder! I wass so sick when I read it that I didn't review it but I plan to!

    Your review is awesome, Chica! It's very insightful and I can tell how much you loved it not by gushing but by factual info! Bravo, it was a pleasure reading it-it made me want to go back and read it again :o]

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I try haha. And yes, Cinder was absolutely great! I think it might just make it onto my top ten books for 2012 :).

    And I think I will actually be rereading this one one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is one of my absolute favorite books and I so can not wait for Scarlet to come out. Great review! I'm now following you :-)

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick