Jay Asher and Lauren Oliver Signing March 9th, 2014

Hey Everyone!!!

So I got to do something super awesome yesterday...meet Jay Asher (Thirteen Reasons Why and The Future of Us) and Lauren Oliver (Delirium Trilogy, Before I Fall, and Panic)!!!

I took pictures and recorded the entire Conversation Jay had with Lauren and the Q & A afterwards!  First here are the recordings of the conversations!  Both were so great! Really nice and funny!  My favorite type of authors!!


The Conversation between Jay and Lauren:




The Q & A after the conversation!  I asked a question too...mine is the one near the end for Lauren where I ask her how she came up with the concept behind the Deliria disease for the Delirium Trilogy!





Now to the pictures! So many great ones!!

The table before the signing began


This is a post card Lauren was giving out to promote her newest novel coming out this September! It's her first novel for adults!


Funny story on this subscription from Lauren,  because  I made both her and Jay laugh when I slickly handed The Romance Bookie's business card to the Barnes and Noble Rep. It reads "For Panic-Mandy-The smartest card carrier there is! I hope you love Panic."

This inscription reads: "For Mandy-Thanks so much for coming today and for being a fan!"

Jay's inscription reads: "To Mandy, Everything affects everything."



From Left to Right: Jay Asher, Me, and Lauren Oliver




My overall haul for the day! I ended up buying "Delirium", "Pandemonium", and "Panic" because I hadn't owned them before the signing
                    
All the lovelies that the Barnes and Noble rep at The Grove hauled out before the signing began

Me playing Paparazzi before the event when I spotted Jay behind one of the shelves 



Lauren Pulled an Ellen at the Oscars, and took a Selfie featuring the entire audience! That's me directly behind them, in the center of the front row!


So that's it folks! Hope you all have a fabulous week!! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Lovely post! I'm so glad I got to meet you there! I hope to see you at many more book events to come, hopefully including the Festival of Books!! *fingers crossed*! xoxox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great meeting you too! :) And yes, Festival of Books!!! Let me know!

      Delete
  2. Very nice post. I want to read Panic, I've read most of her Delirium books I think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick