Finally saw the movie of "Something Borrowed"!!!

Hey everyone! Sorry to be writing again, without having finished a book! But I just wanted to share that I FINALLY saw the movie The Something Borrowed!!! And even though I heard it got terrible reviews, I LOVED it!!

I read the book a few months ago, shortly after the movie had hit theaters I think (or maybe even before, I can't remember), and I never had gotten a chance to see it in theaters.  I guess the movie didn't do that well, so it was taken out of the theaters pretty quickly ;(.  It bummed me out, but today has been on my calendar for the past month because...it finally came out on DVD today!!

I told my mom, "Mom, guess what's out today???" And she laughed, rolled her eyes and said, "Let me guess, Something Borrowed".  I smiled and dragged her to the movie store (yes, my family is still old school, and goes all the way to Blockbuster, to get out movies ;)), and got it.  It was a great little movie night with my mama, aka also my best friend haha.

I have been telling her about this book for months, and telling how much I wanted to see the movie.  And let me just tell you, I was not disappointed by it!!

Kate Hudson, who plays Darcy, was amazing! Exactly like in the book! Rachel, played by Ginnifer Goodwin (from He's Just not That Into You) was excellent!  John Krasinski was totally hot!! (his role they changed a bit) Instead of Ethan (John's character) living in England the whole time and talking regularly on the phone with Rachel, he actually doesn't move to London until the end of the movie.  But Rachel still visits him! (you know what I'm talking about if you read the book ;)).

Other than the few mini changes they made, I thought the movie was just like the book!

Now I just hope that they turn the sequel Something Blue into a movie too!! 

Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Have a great week, and talk to all soon again!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick