Never Have I Ever...not read a new Sara Shepard book!

Have you ever had that author where you wonder: Why do I always buy there books??

Well, if you have, then I completely understand what you're going through.  Sara Shepard is that author for me.

I read the entire Pretty Little Liars Series (except the newest one Twisted, but it's sitting on my book shelf :)) and The Lying Game, and I guess now the second Lying Game book, Never Have I Ever, and each time I read one of them I think to myself at least once in the book, "Why am I reading this??"
But then something always happens like a little further into the book, "Oh that's why!" when I get to another awesome part that makes the series more interesting again.


I had this problem a lot through The Pretty Little Liar Series, because through (I think) book 4-6, I was wondering the whole, "Why does she continue to write this series?? Just MAKE IT END!!" But then in the next book something happens again that keeps you on your toes.

It's pretty brilliant actually!

The second book in The Lying Game Series, Never Have I Ever is another great example of this.  Since it's been a few months since I read the first book in the series, The Lying Game, it took a little bit to get back into the series.  I remember liking the first book, but the problem was that I was having trouble remembering a lot of things that had happened.  But about 1/4 through the book I really got into it!

This book starts off right where the last one ended...Emma is trying to the killer, who killed her twin sister Sutton.  In the first book, Emma learned she had a twin sister.  Emma was raised a foster child, while her twin sister seemed to get all the luck...up until the end...she had been adopted by a wealthy family who loved her.  However, when Emma goes to see her sister, she is already gone, and Emma gets put into Sutton's life before she can change things.  Emma soon learns that Sutton had quite the reputation...playing quite a few terrible consequential pranks on people (causing at least one of them to hate her enough to kill her).

Sutton and her friends started this club called "The Lying Game" where they play pranks on people.  It's sort of juvenile really, but since Emma has to play along, she finds herself learning more and more about her sister's past.

In the second book, the newest one, Never Have I Ever, Emma and her friend Ethan (the only one town who knows the truth about Emma and Sutton) continue trying to find clues to who may have killed Sutton.  A few past suspects are found not guilty in this book, and a few new suspects come into view.

In this new chapter of the story Emma's and Ethan's relationship slowly starts cooking more and more...with some complications along the way...of course.

This series sort of has the same feel as Shepard's other series The Pretty Little Liars.  It's got the spoiled rich girls again, the boys who become suspects, the past stories that are slowly evolved over time, and the thrilling mystery...all with new twists and turns.

If you haven't started reading this series, I do recommend reading it if you like thriller, mystery, killing suspense, teen romance books.  Intriguing right?? :)

I finally saw the pilot episode of the ABC Family TV show version of this series which premiered on August 15th, and I was ABSOLUTELY DISAPPOINTED!!! They changed WAYYYY too much!  I want to watch the next episode in the next couple of days, to see if they saved the show a little in that episode...hopefully!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! And up next...Chain Reaction the third Perfect Chemistry novel! I'm really looking forward to reading this one! This is one my favorite series! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick