A New Side to Meg Cabot...

Hey everyone! Here I am once again :), and this time I have finished Abandon by Meg Cabot, the first novel in her newest series!

This book is a lot darker than Meg's other books, but not in a bad way...at all!!  I may be biased, because as mentioned before I am a HUGE Meg Cabot fan! (My collection grows every year!) However, the reviews I had read before reading the book were all saying it was great too! :)

Like Meg's other books, this one has mythology (however, it isn't like a bunch of stuff about myths, not like a textbook or anything :) ), romance, drama, and in between a little bit of that Meg humor that I love :).

It's the story of Pierce, who has had a tough past couple of years.  Why?  Well...she died.


And yes when I say she died...I mean she died!  However, she came back alive!  She was one of the lucky ones...

Ever since coming back from the dead, where she saw what happens when people pass, it seems as if bad luck has been following her every where she goes.  When she had been younger, years before her almost death, her grandfather had died.  She had gone to his funeral where she met this mysterious man, about nineteen.  He did something for her (I don't want to say what, because I don't want to ruin the story) that she never forgot.

Well, when she died, she met him again...this time though, on the other side.  Well, actually not exactly the other side, but one of the other sides.  His name is John.

John has taken an unusual liking to Pierce, who by then was fifteen.  John seemed to have stayed the same age...(that's all I am going to give you on information! :)).  Pierce escaped from death, and that's why she came back.

A year and a half later, her mother and father divorced (due to her accident), and her mom and her have moved back to her mom's hometown of Isla Huesos (if you know Spanish, then you should know what that means...and it pertains to the story...) in Florida.

Overall rating:


It's kind of difficult giving a description of the book, to bring it justice, so here's a video of Meg Cabot describing how she came up with the story :).



 

 That's it from me once again! Enjoy your week, and I should be posting again in the next day or two, because the book (or story I should say...) I am reading now, won't take me long :).

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick