Amy & Roger's Epic Detour is a journey to Remember!

I LOVED Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson!!


Amy lost her father three months ago, and after her twin brother gets sent to rehab and her mother moves to Connecticut, leaving Amy alone for a month and having to deal with everything by herself.  She has no one to talk to, all she wants to do is talk to her mom or brother, but instead she's stuck alone, and now has found out that she has to get her mother's car to Connecticut, while driving with someone who she apparently played "Spuds" with, but she can't remember him at all.

What Amy didn't expect was how cute Roger would be.  However, that doesn't change matters.  Amy has changed and all she can think about is what happened, and she can't help but thinking about the old Amy, or "Amy!" as she thinks of her.

Amy's dealing with some serious pain, including holding in a secret about the accident that only her mother and brother know about.
And along the way, she finds out Roger got a few things to deal with on his own (which I am going to honest here, are nothing compared to Amy's though).

Amy's mom had the entire trip planned out...rest stops, hotel reservations, etc. all planned.

But everything changes when Roger gets into the driver's side of the car...hence the "Epic Detour".

I absolutely ADORED this book!! OMG, this is a favorite! I want this to be made into a movie! Morgan Maton's writing style and story line reminded me of Sarah Dessen's style, one of my favorite authors.  It's got that realistic feel that Sarah is famous for, something I truly enjoy reading. :)
In fact, I actually loved EVERYTHING about this book! Not just the story line and characters! But I also loved the design of the book.  The whole thing is written in a way where it's almost like a diary, and in between you've got pictures that appear to be like a scrapbook.

PLUS Roger likes making music playlists, so in between we get to read the awesome music choices!  Plus, Amy loves Musicals! Something I absolutely LOVE too!! :)

This book is just one of those books I think I will remember for quite some time!  I think I may even end buying this one, one day.  (I borrowed it out of the library this time).

So honestly, if you get the chance to get your hands on this book...READ IT!!! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick