Wallbanger by Alice Clayton Review

***WARNING***This Book contained some Mature Content, not intended for under the age of 18 audiences!!!***

Wow, I can't even tell you how many time I have laughed over the past couple of days, as I was reading Wallbanger by Alice Clayton!

From Goodreads:
Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we’re not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O.

Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she’s ever heard. Each moan, spank, and–was that a meow?–punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O.

Enter Simon Parker. (No, really, Simon, please enter.) When the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. Their late-night hallway encounter has, well, mixed results. Ahem. With walls this thin, the tension’s gonna be thick…

In her third novel, Alice Clayton returns to dish her trademark mix of silly and steamy. Banter, barbs, and strutting pussycats, plus the sexiest apple pie ever made, are dunked in a hot tub and set against the gorgeous San Francisco skyline in this hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight.


My thoughts:
Hilarious! Not kidding! One of the funniest books I've read in a while! I am so glad I bought this from Amazon (When I bought it, it was only $4.99, compared to the $7.49 it is now though!) However, it is totally worth it!

Now,  I will admit I originally bought this book for its title...I mean, come on! Wallbanger???  How dirty, yet at the same time hilarious does that sound??

It was a bit of both, however, even more on the hilarious side!

I will say it's definitely got quite a bit of sex in it, which would technically put it under the "Erotica" genre; however, the sex parts don't technically happen until the end, at least the descriptive ones.  

It definitely wasn't as raunchy as Fifty Shades, in fact, not even close!  This book's "intense" scenes all had taste, at least the ones involving the two great main characters! :)

Caroline and Simon are two great characters, whom the readers finds themselves routing for from beginning until end!  Caroline, while stubborn and sensitive, still is a tough independent woman who knows what she wants, and a lot has to do with small things that happened in her past.

Simon, while also independent, and...well, let's just say a TOTAL guy! sounds extremely sexy from his description!

Anyway, as you may not already have been able to tell, my overall rating:
I also wanted to share with you a couple of my favorite quotes from the book, before ending this review...

(a bit of background behind quote: so Caroline has lost her "O", or aka her Orgasm, which she refers to throughout the book as "O".)

"I stomped back to work, angry and alone. No Italian tiles, no hiking boots, no man, and no O."

(Up next, this one had a past scene involving Caroline looking at a elderly man with a much younger woman, who happened to have an obvious boob job...)
"I mean, if I had to look at flabby, old-man buns I'd want bigger boobs too."

(OMG, this is the best metaphor ever!!)
"I think O even popped her head up for a moment, like a groundhog.  She took a quick glance around and pronounced it much closer to spring than she'd been in months."

HAHA!! Highly recommend this one! 

:)

Come back tomorrow...because they will be a giveaway!!!! :)
The Romance Bookie :)
 

Comments

  1. This sounds really good! I got this for a friend of mine for RAK. I'll be getting one for myself too. Looking forward to reading the funny moments!

    Rowena Hailey (Washington Traffic Ticket)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this now, I randomly got a copy in the mail! It's pretty funny so far. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick