Requiem (#3 in the Delirium Trilogy) by Lauren Oliver (ARC Review)


***WARNING*** WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FROM PREVIOUS BOOKS IN SERIES, AND POSSIBLY THIS ONE!!!***

Thanks to Epic Reads I won an ARC of Requiem for watching the Lauren Oliver chat a few weeks ago! 

From Goodreads:
Requiem (Delirium, #3)

They have tried to squeeze us out, to stamp us into the past.

But we are still here.

And there are more of us every day.

Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight.

After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancĂ©e of the young mayor.

Maybe we are driven crazy by our feelings.

Maybe love is a disease, and we would be better off without it.

But we have chosen a different road.

And in the end, that is the point of escaping the cure: We are free to choose.

We are even free to choose the wrong thing.

Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.


My Thoughts:

Wow, finally a conclusion to a series!!!  I feel like I never finish any series, and not because I don't want to, it's just that authors either always drag on a series (cough! Sara Shepard! Cough!), or I have so many other books that I have to be read that I just never get the chance to!

Requiem is the third and final book (as of right now, however, Lauren Oliver announced last week that due to production of the TV show getting a go, there is a possibility of more books!)

So anyway, what did I think?

Well, I will say after reading a bunch of reviews on Goodreads of people saying they were disappointed with the ending, that I was worried!

In the end, my final conclusion is that the I actually truly enjoyed the ending, it was the in between parts that were a bit slow for me.  While I will say, Delirium, has been my favorite Dystopian series I've read so far, I am still not a big fan of this genre.  It just is so depressing!

Anyway, in the end my rating is:
  I am giving it four bookies because the ending was great!  It was made in a way, I thought that could definitely be thought of as a conclusion, but at the same time could be added on to.  The ending as Lena ending up with the guy I wanted her to!!! :) YAY!!! I love those endings!!! :)

Overall truly enjoyed it, there were times I thought it was a little slow, but then something would happen that would just up the hype again.

Definitely recommend this series to all Dystopian fans, and even those who aren't such huge fans.  I believe I've mentioned this in my Delirium and my Pandemonium reviews, but Lauren Oliver created such a unique world; a world where love isn't allowed!  In fact, it's surgically taken out of you! Creepy right?!

Well, anyway definitely recommend reading this series if you haven't already had the chance to! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick