I promise this will be the last entry in honor of Mia for at least...a while :)

Okay, I have spent the past two weeks completely absorbed, once again, into probably my favorite series of all time, The Princess Diaries Series AGAIN!!  I finished Forever Princess last night, and I couldn't believe how much I missed reading the series.  I actually got tears in my eyes! Yes, I know that sounds totally lame, but I couldn't help it! I just love the ending, but at the same time it makes me so sad that it's over.

I have decided to dedicate an entire entry to my favorite quotes from the series.  WARNING: This will be a LONG entry!

I have split up according to the novel, and the picture you see next to each of the sections is the exact edition of covers that I have to, which correspond to the page numbers (because the page numbers will vary, depending on whether you have the paperback or hardcover, plus which cover you have because there are at least three different American editions out)


The Princess Diaries (#1):

"I'm practically the biggest freak in the entire school.  I mean, let's face it: I'm five foot nine, flat-chested, and a freshman.  How much more of a freak can I be?" (pg. 1*)

"I was measuring my chest and totally not thinking about the fact that my mom was out with my Algebra teacher when my dad called." (pg. 14*)

(I love this one, because who measures their chest regularly??)

(Speaking about her dad) "Unfortunately, the part they had to cut off was...
Ew, I don't even like writing.
His testicle.
GROSS!" (pg. 26-27*)

"No wonder Grandpere died of a heart attack in bed.  He probably rolled over one morning and got a real good look at his wife." (pg. 98*)
(Talking about her Grandmere's toy poodle) "If Noah had ever met Rommel, he might have changed his mind about letting two of all of God's creatures on the ark." (pg. 107*)

(Talking about the town her mother grew up in) "It's so small that there's a sign on the door at the bank that says IF BANK IS CLOSED, PLEASE SLIDE MONEY UNDER DOOR." (pg. 123*)

(How cool would that be????!!!!)



Princess in the Spotlight (#2):

" 'Mia,' she said, in this shocked but happy way, 'Mia. I'm Pregnant.'
Oh, my God. OH, MY GOD.
My mom is having my Algebra teacher's baby." (pg. 1*)


"Grandmere's the one they should be worried about.  I mean, I don't have eyeliner permanently tattooed onto my eyelids.  I don't dress up my pet in chinchilla bolera jackets.  I was never a close personal friend of Richard Nixon." (pg. 23*)

(She wrote this poem during Algebra class)
"Ode to M
Oh, M,
Why can't you see
that x=you
and y=me?
And that 
you + me
=ecstasy
and together we'd B
4ever happy?"  (pg. 133*)

 
 Princess in Love (#3):

"Over.
That is what my life is.  O-V-E-R.
I know I have said that before, but this time I really mean it." (pg. 10*)


(When describing the books she hates)
"5. Little House on the Prairie- Little yawn on the big snore.  I have all ninety-seven thousand of these books, because people kept on giving them to me when I was little, and all I have to say is if Half-Pint had lived in Manhattan, she'd have gotten her you-know-what kicked from here to Avenue D." (pg. 116*) (hahahahaha)

 (Poem Michael wrote to Mia):
"Roses are red
 Violets are blue
You may not know it,
But I love you, too." (pg. 204*)  (awwwww.........)


Princess in Waiting (#4)

"I have to wear my Queen Amidala underwear on the first day of every semester, or I'll have bad luck for the rest of the year." (pg. 112*)

(When Mia asks Michael "Do you just love me like a friend?") "And the way he responded was, he reached out, took the tiara from me, laid it down on the couch beside him, took both my hands in his, pulled me toward him, and gave me a really long kiss.
On the lips.
Of the French variety." (pg. 250*)


Princess in Pink (#5):

(How Mia's mom & Mr. Gianini got engaged)

"Helen Thermopolis: Frank, I'm pregnant.
 Mr. Gianini: Oh. Okay. What do you want to do?
HT: Marry you.
Mr. G: Okay." (pg. 16-17*)  (haha, how classic would that be??)

(Song Michael wrote for Mia, for her 15th birthday)
"Combat boots and veggie burgers
Just one glance gives me the shivers
There she goes
Princess of my Heart.
Hate Social injustice and nicotine
She's no ordinary beauty queen
There she goes
Princess of my Heart
Chorus: 
Princess of my Heart
Oh I don't know where to start
Say I'll be your prince
'til this lifetime ends.

Princess of my heart
I loved you from the start
say you love me too
Over my heart you so rule.

Promise you won't execute me
with those gorgeous smiles you shoot me
There she goes
Princess of my heart

You don't even have to knight me
Every time you laugh you smite me
There she goes
Princess of my heart

Chorus
Princess of my heart
I loved you from the start
Say you love me too
and then together we will rule." (pg. 49-50*)
"BOWLING!!!!! MY BOYFRIEND WOULD RATHER GO BOWLING ON HIS PROM NIGHT THAN GO TO THE PROM!!!!!!" (pg. 107*)

(After she writes about how she thinks Michael touched her bra, in other words: "Got to second base")
"There is no doubting it now.  I am a woman.  A woman in every sense of the word." (oops, I forgot to write down the page number for this one)


 Princess in Training (#6):

"BORIS PELKOWSKI GOT HOT OVER THE SUMMER!!!!" (pg. 26*)

 "Michael. I am going to have to talk to MICHAEL about having sex with MICHAEL." (pg. 45*)

"My mom Did It with a guy who later went on to marry a corn princess." (pg. 73*)

 " 'No,' Lilly said.  'You said not to call you baby-licker or POG -- Princess of Genovia.  Not PIT -- Princess in Training.' " (pg. 139*)

 "Lana was right.
 All boys want to Do It.
 Including Michael.
 My life is over." (pg. 220*)

 " 'It's not that I'm trying to rush you into something you aren't ready for,' Michael said, as matter-of factly as if he were discussing the next move he planned on making in Rebel Striking.  How do boys do this, by the way? 'It's just that I know it takes you a while to used to things. So, I want you to start getting used to this: You're the girl I want.  One day, you WILL be mine.' " (pg. 293*) (YOU GO MICHAEL!!)

Party Princess (#7):

(When describing the college girls in Michael's dorm) "They wear a lot of black clothing, including berets -- BERETS! -- and quote lines from The Vagina Monologues and never read US Weekly, even when they're in the doctor's office." (pg. 40*)

" 'Well,' Michael admitted.  'I did sort of enjoy the sexy dance.'
I goggled at him.  'You DID?'
'I did,' Michael said, leaning down to kiss me. 'If you promise me that next time, you'll do it just for me.' " (pg. 276*)



Princess on the Brink (#8):

(Mia talking about her Grandmere) "Sometimes I feel like burying HER up to her neck in sand and throwing rocks at her head." (pg. 36*)

"Grandmere has given me her suite at the Ritz for SEX!!!!!!" (pg. 98*)

 "I HAD COMPROMISED MY FEMINIST PRINCIPLES BY OFFERING TO SLEEP WITH HIM NOW, TONIGHT INSTEAD OF AFTER MY SENIOR PROM, LIKE I HAD ALWAYS INSISTED, AND HE HAD BASICALLY SAID, 'NO, THANK YOU.' " (dang! I forgot the page number again!)

 Princess Mia (#9):

 "Michael has never cried during a Broadway show. Except in that scene where Tarzan's ape father is brutally murdered.
And that was only because he was laughing so hard." (pg. 4*)

"Yes, that's right. My dad has brought me to see Dr. Knutz.  Because he --- and Mom and Mr. G --- apparently think I'm nuts." (pg. 57*) 

(Talking about her "cowboy" therapist, after meeting him for the first time) " 'Let's go. Before he BRANDS me.' " (awww... stupid page number!)

(To Principal Gupta) "I'm a princess,' I said. 'I'm going to get into every college I apply to, because colleges want to brag that they have a girl who's going to rule a country someday in their incoming freshmen class. So it doesn't really matter if I join the Spanish Club or the Spirit Squad, or whatever.  But ---' I waved my journal at her --- 'Thanks for caring.' " (pg. 181*)

(Grandmere to Mia) " 'Your first Chanel suit,' she keeps murmuring with a sigh. 'Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday you were a scabby-kneed fourteen-year-old, who came to me not even knowing how to use a fish knife! Now look at you! BREASTS!' " (pg. 182*)


 Forever Princess (#10):

"... I might have done something incredibly stupid when I saw him.  Such as pee myself. Or blurt out, 'You love incredible.' " (pg. 61*)

(Talking about Dora the Explorer) "I understand that millions of kids love Dora and have learned to read or whatever from her show.  But I wouldn't mind if Dora fell off a cliff and took her little pals with her." (pg. 124*)

 "Yes! It turns out there is an Applebee's in Times Square, and that is where my grandparents [on her mother's side] want to go.  I turned to Lars when I heard this and said, 'Please put a bullet in my brain now,' but he wouldn't do it.
And Mom told me to shut my piehole or she'd shut it for me." (pg. 152*)

"(who eats French Fries on the toilet? WHO??? Who eats ANYTHING on the toilet???? Excuse me, but gross, also ew.)" (pg. 155*) (That is SOOO TRUE!)

"Not when I've already had the joyous wonder of waking up in the morning and looking at myself in the mirror and realizing I'm eighteen; I'm a princess; and I'm a virgin.
You know what? At this point in my life, I might as well be a unicorn." (pg. 169*)

 "...ew, I think Mr. Hipskin brought his wife and she looks almost exactly like him, except for the mustache.  Sadly, I mean hers, not his..." (pg. 191*)

"Life isn't a romance novel.  The truth is, the reason romance novels sell so well --the reason why everyone loves them ---is because no one's life is actually like that.  Everyone wants their life to be like that.
But no one's life really is." (pg. 213*)

(This is repeated throughout all the novels) " 'You look like you just ate a sock.' " (pg. 239*)

(Grandmere to Mia) " 'Sleep with both of them, and whichever young man performs better in the boudoir, that's the one you keep.  That's what I did with Baryshnikov and Godunov.  Such lovely boys.  And so flexible.' " (pg. 250*) (How hilarious/awkward would this be if your grandmother said this???)

"High school sucks.  People who say those were the best four years of your life -- those people are liars...who wants the best years of their lives to be in high school? High school is something everybody should be ready to lose." (pg. 382*)

*Pages will vary, see top.

Okay, these are the one's I wanted to mentions.  There are probably hundreds more ;), but I didn't want to give away too much of the story. These books are HILARIOUS!! I definitely recommend everyone to read them!   

Oh, crap! I better go, my next class starts in like ten minutes!
The Romance Bookie :)

Have a great weekend!


PS MEG CABOT YOU ARE AMAZING!!!  Check out:   www.megcabot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick