Guest Review from Erin: Boomerang (Boomerang #1) by Noelle August

Hey Everyone!! :)

Today I've got a review for Boomerang by Noelle August!

From Goodreads:


The first book in a sensational New Adult trilogy from Noelle August

Welcome to Boomerang.com, the dating site for the millennial gen with its no-fuss, no-commitments matchups, and where work is steamier than any random hook-up

Mia Galliano is an aspiring filmmaker. Ethan Vance has just played his last game as a collegiate soccer star. They’re sharp, hungry for success, and they share a secret.

Last night, Ethan and Mia met at a bar, and, well . . . one thing led to another, which led to them waking up the next morning—together. Things turned awkward in a hurry when they found themselves sharing a post hookup taxi . . . to the same place: Boomerang headquarters.

What began as a powerful connection between them is treated to a cold shower courtesy of two major complications. First, Boomerang has a strict policy against co-worker dating. And second, they’re now competitors for only one job at the end of summer.

As their internships come to an end, will they manage to keep their eyes on the future and their hands off each other, or will the pull of attraction put them right back where they started?

Erin's Thoughts:

Noelee August is actually a pseudonym for authors Veronica Rossi and Lorin Oberweger! Which is actually what attracted me to this book! I am a big big fan of Veronica Rossi and her Under the Never Sky series! If you haven't read them yet, do so!! They're fabulous! When I heard Veronica Rossi was co-writing a new adult contemporary, I was surprised because Under the Never Sky is YA science-fiction.  Either way, I was super excited to know that another one of her books was coming out! Aaaaaand...

I thought Boomerang was AWESOME!!! It's told in first-person that switches between Ethan and Mia and I love them both! They are both such funny characters, especially Mia! I literally laughed out loud while reading this (my mom was totally weirded out by the way) and it wasn't just one line that was funny --it was the whole book! I love humor and comedy in books and this wasn't the cheesy kind where you just kind of weakly chuckle to yourself.  I was laughing really hard! The romance was perfect too! There was a lot of tension on both sides of the relationship and I was rooting for the both of them the whole way through!  The entire story was something like I've never read before.  So unique and different! Which is something I really appreciate!

Overall rating:


Boomerang is what I think is the perfect new adult book! Incredibly funny and entertaining, but sweet and cute at the same time! The perfect mix of both!! Lovers of new adult, try Boomerang! And if you're wary of new adult, try this one and see if you like it!! 

Boomerang is the first in the trilogy, which I believe (don't quote me on this) will have the second and third books told in the viewpoints of some secondary characters! I can't wait! I'm definitely going to buy an actual copy of this (have an ebook right now) and I won't hesitate to buy the next books when they come out!! :))

Erin @ The Romance Bookie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick