Throwback Thursday: Pilot Episode of "7th Heaven"

 Hey Everyone,

Recently I randomly decided to watch 7th Heaven.  Does anyone remember that show?

So the show is actually even a little older than before my time...in that I was five years old when it premiered...and still living in Germany, where I'm not sure the show played?

I used to watch reruns of this show once in a while after school when I was in middle school.  It played on ABC Family (now Freeform), along with other 90s sitcoms and shows.  

If you don't know what the show is about:  It is about the Camden family, a family of originally 7 (hence the name 7th Heaven.  It is about a mom and dad raising their five children (later on they have twins, so it turns into seven children).  The father is a pastor, and the mom is a stay-at-home taking care of all the day-to-day things needed to raise 5, later 7 children.  The shows lasted for eleven seasons and showed the children growing up.  

Image from IMDB

Honestly, it wasn't one of my favorite shows to watch after school, but it was better than most other things at the time while I was doing my homework; but I came about watching it recently because I had actually just seen Beverly Mitchell (who plays Lucy in the show) in a Disney Channel movie she did back in 2003, called Right on Track; and afterwards, when I still had time to kill, as my son slept in my arms, and my husband slept in bed (it was my shift in watching our son), I decided "Why Not?" and found 7th Heaven on Hulu.

Now, does anyone even remember the pilot of this show??




via GIPHY

 In the first episode, you have Mary (Jessica Biel) who wants to start dating.  She's never kissed anyone before, and doesn't want to go to her first date (which she doesn't even have yet, she gets it later) without knowing how to kiss.  So Mary decides to ask her brother, Matt (Barry Watson) to show her how to kiss.  

 Oh yeah, you read that correctly. 

Her brother.

Is that a normal thing to do when you have an older brother?  Legitimately asking here, because where I'm from...that don't happen.  

Mary and Matt are seriously in their driveway, and Mary is going "I need to know!" and Matt is like "I'm not going to kiss you!" as he freaking leans in! 

 

 

via GIPHY

Then you have Lucy (Beverly Mitchell) who is throwing a hissy-fit the entire episode because she hasn't gotten her period while all of her friends are running around screaming it to the world that they have theirs.  Then the writers seriously gave this 13-year-old girl the line "I just want to have IT!" as she's pouting on the floor in her closet.  

Good job.  

The worst part is that for some reason, all of Lucy's prayers worked!  She gets her freaking period at the end of the episode!

Hey God, this is Mandy, any chance I could wake up a size 10 tomorrow? 

No? Ah okay.

 

 

via GIPHY

The only normal scene was the opening when the parents are trying to bone, and one-by-one their children come running into the room, until Matt (the oldest) remembers that it's Saturday, which is obviously is hanky-panky time for Mom and Dad, so he gathers everyone and leaves them alone.

Because you know, everyone knows their parents sex schedule...

 

via GIPHY

I need a drink.

 

via GIPHY

 

I just can't with this show.  We'll see if I end up watching more episodes, because this was one entertaining horrifying Throwback Thursday.  


via GIPHY

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick