Dash & Lily Netflix Review

 Hey Everyone!

Being a new mom my schedule is super sporadic!  I never know how my day is going to go, because it all depends on how my baby feels.  

When I do have "free time" it consists of holding him, or having him sleep next to me, while I watch TV.  We've been working on his sleep schedule, but since he is still so very young (7 weeks old), there isn't too much we can do.  One thing that has been a slight problem, but is slowly getting better, is that he doesn't like being alone when he is sleeping.  He somehow always knows when we have left his side, and he freaks out almost immediately and starts crying.  It can be a bit difficult when you're trying to do something (like go to the bathroom! 😂), but I'm enjoying my time so much with him.  And who am I to argue that he is letting me catch up on shows and movies!


So yesterday a new show was released on Netflix...Dash & Lily.  It's based on the book by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn, Dash & Lily's Book of Dares that was released back in 2010.  I read it back in early 2013, when Netgalley approved me for an ARC (not sure why it was an ARC, since the book was already a couple years old, at that point?)  My review can be found HERE.  

So yeah, the show was released yesterday.  And I proceeded to watch the entire show in one sitting.  I know, not healthy right?!  

But holy moly, did I get hooked!


Description and Image Courtesy of IMDB:


A whirlwind holiday romance builds as cynical Dash and optimistic Lily trade dares, dreams, and desires in the notebook they pass back and forth at locations all across New York City.

My Thoughts:

I remember LOVING this book back in 2013, when I got the chance to read it!  It was such a fun story.  And while I, honestly, don't remember all the details, looking back and thinking of what I can remember, I do think they did a really great job bringing David Levithan and Rachel Cohn's book to life!  It was such a fun show!  I was hooked!  I ended up watching the entire season in one sitting, like I mentioned above.  I loved both actors that they chose to portray Dash and Lily.   And I especially enjoyed seeing all the sights of New York City!  My husband and I got the amazing opportunity to go to NYC in Spring of 2019, and it was really cool seeing some of the sites we got to visit (like the Alice and Wonderland statue in Central Park, and Bethesda Terrace!).  

It was such a fun show!  And while I don't have a whole lot of time right now, I just found out there are actually two other books in the series!!  A sequel was released in 2016, and the third book just came out at the beginning of this month!  Goodness, I am so behind!

But I'm going to try to pick these up soon, so I can read them when I have time! :)

Anyway, if any of you have gotten a chance to see the show, let me know what you thought!  And if you haven't, I highly recommend, if you're a fan of contemporary YA romances!

If you're interested in getting your own copies, you can find them here:

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares: AmazonBarnes and NobleApple Books
The Twelve Months of Dash & Lily: Amazon, Barnes and NobleApple Books
Mind the Gap, Dash & Lily: Amazon, Barnes and NobleApple Books

The Romance Bookie :)



Comments

  1. I finished it yesterday and totally loved it. Do you think they will do a sequel? I totally forgot there are book sequels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it felt more like a mini series, and that it didn't need more episodes. But yeah I the third book just came out a couple of weeks ago, and the second book I had seen, but never got around to reading it. I ordered both off of Amazon yesterday right away, but the second seems to be discontinued so it doesn't have a ship date yet, sometime mid-to-end of December; which is a bummer, because it's a Christmas book, and that would have been nice to attempt to read during the Holidays :).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick