What Has My Life Become?

 What has my life become?

My husband and I used to have our freedom.

We could sleep in the same bed together...at the same time!

We could have a date anytime we wanted.

We could watch a movie in the comfort of our own home any time we felt like it.  And we could watch it in one sitting.

We could go to Disneyland on the whim. (when it was open of course.)

We just needed to worry about our own, individual, bowel movements. πŸ˜‚

We didn't have this helpless little fragile being relying on us 24/7.


What has my life become?


It's become days filled with crying and screaming in our ears.

Spit up on our shoulders.

Explosive, smelly poops that run up the back.

Sucking snot out of a nose.

The never-ending laundry.

Getting peed on...and even pooped on. 

Frustration, because you've done all the things (diaper, feed, burp) and he's still crying; and you don't know what to do at that point anymore.

Sleep deprivation.

Oh the sleep deprivation.  Sleep?  What does it feel like?  What does feel like to sleep in your wonderfully comfy made bed?  I can't even remember at this point.



But most importantly...

It's the cuddles.

The smiles.

The feeling of satisfaction when I have a happy baby.

The daily growth that happens before my eyes.

The little clothes.

The fact that I'm now a "Mama" and my husband a "Daddy".

And most of all the feeling of overwhelming love that consumes my thoughts for this little being that I created all on my own (with the smallest amount of help from husband πŸ˜‰).

πŸ’–

The Romance Bookie :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick