Confessions of an Angry Girl (ARC) by Louise Rozett Review

Set to be released on the 28th of August, Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett deals with everyday issues with almost every teenage girl out there in the world.
Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions, #1)

It's about Rose Zarreli, a freshman, starting high school with the death of her father hanging over her.  Teachers treat her differently, because they feel bad for her, her best friend is changing and only has one thing on her mind...sex.  Is Rose ready to deal with that?  She's not so sure.
That's when Jamie comes into the picture.
Over her entire freshman year, Rose deals with heartache of friendship, change, and figuring out what certain things mean with a guy.

Is Jamie different than those other sex-seeking high school boys?  And why is Regina (the evil cheerleader) bullying her about it?
Oh wait, maybe because Jamie is actually still together with Regina, but things get seriously complicated, when threats are thrown out, bullying increases, and Rose is left alone because her supposed best friend ha chosen the wrong side.

Will Rose be able to make it through her freshman year?  What will happen with her and Jamie?  And will Regina stop bullying her?
Find out on the 28th of August, in Louise Rozett's debut YA novel Confessions of an Angry Girl!

My thoughts:
I REALLY enjoyed this one! I thought Rose was so relate able, especially to any Teenage girl who has ever been bullied.  This is the perfect book dealing with the starting of high school, friendships, first love, and the difficulties of the mean girls...

I do have one thing to say, Rose had the WORST best friend ever!! Tracy is selfish, doesn't care what her best friend has been dealing with, and only cares about getting laid by her boyfriend, who everyone knows may not be the most faithful.

I found myself relating to Rose's situation in that I had similar thing happen to me my freshman year.  I lost my best friend at the time, because of her boyfriend, and how mean he was.  He said some truly unforgivable things, involving my German heritage (involving a past that Germany isn't proud of), and she wouldn't stick up for me, instead sticking for him.
Let's just say I saw her true colors that year, and we haven't been friends since.

Overall rating:


This is a great story for young readers, especially ones starting out with a tough time in high school.  It will allow them to know they aren't the only ones out there.  A lot of us had similar experiences.

REALLY looking forward to the next book in the series!!

Read it! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Thanks for the review I also really liked this book a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick