Guest post from Meradeth Houston author of "Colors Like Memories"

Hey everyone!

So I've got some exciting news! Today I've got a special guest, here on The Romance Bookie, Meradeth Houston, who has kindly written a guest post in honor of release of Colors Like Memories! :)

So please give a warm welcome to...

Meradeth Houston!!

First off, thanks a million for hosting me today! I thought I’d talk a little bit about some of the things that led me to write Colors Like Memories :)
I’ve always been kind of captivated by the past. In high school, I loved my history classes (probably because I had the luck of an awesome teacher). Historical novels always leave me wondering what it would really be like to live in a different time, a different place, a different era. I really hope I’m not alone in this sentiment! I keep bugging my physicist hubby to build a time machine, so we can check a few things out. I have a running list of places to visit, if that actually (haha!) ever happens:
-Victorian England. Yes, I’d hate wearing corsets and all that, but I think it would be pretty awesome to visit for a while. Well, to visit as a duchess or something, probably not a scullery maid.
-Classic Egypt. During a time of peace, preferably. I’d love the see the pyramids being built! Maybe even catch a little of the making of a mummy, too.
-The height of the Roman Empire. I don’t think I’d be able to stomach going to the coliseum, but I think I’d like to check out the heated baths.
-Chaco Canyon at its peak. I love this canyon, the history, and the people (well, what I’ve read about them, at least). I’d give a whole lot to see what Pueblo Bonito looked like in the past!
I also have a bit of a soft-spot for time-travel movies. I recent went and saw “Safety Not Guaranteed” and it was so fun (though not heavy on the actual time travel). And who doesn’t love watching Back to the Future every once in a while?
My personal enjoyment of the past has led me in my studies, and has also occasionally gets mixed up with what I write. The main character in my novel is a Sary, and she’s lived through quite a few important events in history (the Civil War and the French Revolution both are visited through her eyes in the book). It’s kind of fun to imagine myself in those times and figuring out what it would be like to live then.
Inquiring minds want to know: what time period would you visit if you could? Any special events you’d like to see? Or are electricity, the web, and flushing toilets making the present a pretty nice place to stay?
A bit about the Colors Like Memories:

Julia has a secret: she killed the guy she loved. It was an accident—sort of. 

Julia is a Sary, the soul of a child who died before taking her first breath. Without this 'breath of life' she and others like her must help those on the verge of suicide. It's a job Julia used to enjoy, until the accident that claimed her boyfriend’s life—an accident she knows was her fault. If living with the guilt weren't enough, she's now assigned to help a girl dealing with the loss of her mother, something Julia's not exactly the best role model for. If she can't figure out a way to help her, Julia's going to lose her position in the Sary, something she swore to her boyfriend would never happen.

Available from MuseItUp Publishing.

A bit about Meradeth Houston:
Meradeth’s never been a big fan of talking about herself, but if you really want to know, here are some random tidbits about her:

>She’s a Northern California girl. This generally means she talks too fast and use "like" a lot.
>When she’s not writing, she’s sequencing dead people’s DNA. For fun!
>She’s been writing since she was 11 years old. It's her hobby, her passion, and she’s so happy to get to share her work!
>If she could have a super-power, it would totally be flying. Which is a little strange, because she’s terrified of heights.

 


www.MeradethHouston.com
meradethhouston.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/#!/MeradethHouston
www.goodreads.com/book/show/13030422-colors-like-memories
http://www.shelfari.com/books/28925571/Colors-Like-Memories
http://www.facebook.com/ColorsLikeMemories

http://pinterest.com/merbear95695/
http://youtu.be/HFRNJ-Yn7So (teaser trailer)
http://youtu.be/7lUpK68bYFI (book trailer)


Thanks Meradeth! That was great! And I don't know about all of you, but I'm definitely looking forward to reading Colors Like Memories soon! :)

And if you are interested in reading Colors Like Memories then can buy your copy on Amazon or Smashwords!

Thanks everyone! And Happy Sunday!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick