The Rock Star's Daughter by Caitlyn Duffy Review!

Happy 4th of July Everyone!!! :)

I'm back from Las Vegas, sort of glad, it was pretty dang hot over there! It was super fun though! I drank my first ever Long Island Ice Tea (REALLY good!! But I can definitely tell why everyone calls them deadly!), and a lovely Sex on the Beach (which btw, is super delicious!)!  Unfortunately, I didn't bring home that million dollars, in fact I lost a bit of money, but that's okay! That's what Vegas is all about!

On the 5 and a half hour ride there, I was able to read and finish two books! One shorter than the other, because it was a prequel.  Than I also read another one, and finished it on the ride home.  So over the next few days, reviews will be coming up!

I haven't decided yet, but I think I will post some pictures from my trip in the coming days. 

My family is leaving on Friday (;(), which I'm totally bummed out about because they are the best!! But after that I will have a bit more time, to share some things with you! :)


When I got home last night, I also had some fabulous things waiting for me! Packages, thanks to Random House publishing, RandomBuzzers, and a fabulous review copy!

Anyway, now time for the first review from this weekend!

The Rock Star's Daughter by Caitlyn Duffy is the story of fifteen year old Taylor Beaufort, the daughter of a super famous Rock Star!


The sad part is that Taylor's actually only met her father twice in her life...that is until her mother unexpectedly dies, and goes to live with the man whose barely been a part of her life, along with his new wife and Taylor's Half-sister.

She spends the summer on tour with her father and his band, but finds it isn't as great as everyone put it out to be.  She falls in love with a cute boy, named Jake, who sells t-shirts for the concerts, but also happens to be carrying quite a few secrets concerning Taylor's father.

It's a sad, yet exciting summer for Taylor as she not only learns to know her father, but also herself.

My thoughts:
The Rock Star's Daughter (Treadwell Academy, #1)
Overall I thought this was a good read!  Caitlyn Duffy's writing style reminded me a bit of Sarah Dessen's, in the serious aspect of the story.  There was really any humor in the story, it was overall very serious.  However, I loved the back ground of the story.  The whole idea of Taylor going on tour with her father as she gets to know him, was really interesting and enjoyed the ride along the way!

One thing that got to be a bit too much for me, and the reason why I gave it 4 stars out of 5 on Goodreads, is Taylor's thoughts once in a while.  I felt they a bit everywhere sometimes, and that got me to be confused once in a while, and annoyed.

However, overall I recommend this book for readers 14 and up, who are looking for a good serious read, about a teenage girl.  This book deals with loss, learning, family, problems in a teenage girl's everyday life, and the serious aspects that come with it.

Overall Rating:


The cool thing is if you are interested in reading this one, you can actually download it for FREE on Amazon HERE!!

So enjoy!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Did I recommend this one to you? I liked it a lot as well :) and it's actually a series but the other books in it don't follow Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you didn't right out share with me, but you had the review on BITYSR and it caught my eye, especially since it was free! :)

      And yeah, I figured it wasn't going to follow Taylor. I imagine it follows that mean rich girl Taylor kept mentioning from her school. Someone mentioned in Rockstar's daughter.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I haven't heard of this one before, it sounds like a good read :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick