Two for the Dough (#2 in Stephanie Plum Series) by Janet Evanovich

Two for the Dough, the second in Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, continues the fabulously hilarious story of Stephanie's new life as a Bail Bondwoman. 

She's back!!!

On the hunt for latest person to have missed their parole meeting, Stephanie is looking for Kenny Mancuso, a man who everyone assumes, at first, is a good kid, a first offender, and just needs a little push to make it into his hearing...that is until it turns out he goes back and finishes the job, of instead of just shooting his best buddy in the knees, like he did last time, this time it's killing him.

Even though sometimes she feels she's over her head, Stephanie is not ready to give up...ever!  With some help from the ever-present and annoying Joe Morelli.
Morelli seems to be getting closer and closer to Stephanie, always either right behind her or right in front of her.  She doesn't know quite what to think of it.
Stephanie's super awesome Grandma Mazur is back, with her hilarious humor!  She drags Stephanie along to her favorite afternoon activity...going to funeral viewings.
At one of these funeral houses (yes, there are many in the town of Trenton, NJ), called Stiva's, Stephanie gets pulled into another case, where she's told to look for 24 missing caskets, that we stolen out of a storage unit...yup, CASKETS!!!  WHO STEALS CASKETS???!!!

File:2fortheDough novel.jpgAs that exact thought goes through Stephanie's head, she continues working on both cases, and soon realizes something...maybe this is all connected??

With the help of Morelli, they're on the job, to unlocking the truth.  Is it only Kenny whose involved?? Why does someone continue to send Stephanie inappropriate body parts in the mail?? And why is Morelli inviting himself over for dinner at her parent's house??

Found out when you pick up your copy of Two for the Dough!

My overall thoughts:
First off, I just need to say I was EXTREMELY lucky last week!  I was having a particularly crappy Wednesday, and as I was walking through my town I decided to make a stop at my library to order a copy of Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, and as I made my way out, there is this awesome shelf outside where people can either take a book for free, or put their books in that they don't want anymore, and I just happened to glance, not expecting much, because to be quite honest NORMALLY it's got these crappy looking copies, that most of the time are missing the covers or something...and guess what was sitting there???


Two for the Dough!!!!

I've been looking for a cheap copy of this book for the past few months!! And there it was!! For FREE!! Just waiting for me to pick it up!!  HOW AWESOME IS THAT??!!!

It turned a crappy day into an awesome day!! :)

Just like One for the Money (which btw, I STILL HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE!!!), Two for the Dough had that fabulous humor and rough Jersey talk that Stephanie Plum I imagine had become very famous for in the book world!
I found it also rather amusing some of the word choices, such as the use of "cellular phone", "beeper", and "tape deck", which Stephanie used to listen to Aerosmith (awesome!!), was pretty funny!  However, keep in mind this book was released in 1996!! However, thinking about it now (!!!) weren't CDs the thing to have in the 90s!! I know, because my own parents were collecting them like crazy as I was growing up, replacing both their tapes and vinyls with their favorites!

Overall rating:


Anyway, I highly recommend this series, and honestly I wish I would have started reading it sooner!!

Now the hunt continues!! Off to find book three Three to Get Deadly.  It will probably take me a few more months, but hopefully I'll get lucky and find it cheap in a thrift store, Goodwill, or possibly...for Free?? Who knows??!! Let the Book Gods be in my favor!!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. This sounds like an exciting book!

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the first book! The movie wasn't even close to reaching it's awesomeness, butit was pretty good, Katherine Heigel rules ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still REALLY want to see the movie! :) I love Katherine Heigl! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick