First Time for Everything by Aimee Carson

***WARNING***This Book contains MATURE Adult Content***

So one of my goals for this year to finally read some Netgalley books!! :)

This time around it was First Time for Everything by Aimee Carson, which is one of the books in Harlequin's new romance series! :)

From Goodreads:
First Time For Everything

"So tell me, suit," she said, as lightly as she could. "What exactly is a virgin supposed to act like?"Jacqueline's new boss is none other than her friend's older brother—hot-shot lawyer Blake Bennington. His control freakery and his need to always, always be right would normally send fiery, unconventional Jax running a mile—but even she has to admit he looks edible in his bespoke suit!

She's quickly realizing she's way out of her depth…but with this contained, experienced guy, trying to get him to lose his cool is just a little too tempting….

Harlequin KISS has 4 new fun, flirty and sensual romance books available every month.


My Thoughts:

I've been requesting a bunch of these new Harlequin novels off of Netgalley, because they all just look so cute!! :)

This is only my second read in the KISS series from Harlequin, I read Waking Up Married for my first book of the year!

I found First Time for Everything to be a fun cute read!  It had some really strong characters!  I loved Jax's character, I thought she is a very strong independent young woman, due to some serious problems growing up, who doesn't take other people's crap! I really enjoyed that!
Blake was a dreamy well-rounded man, who went through quite the wild phase, which ended in a terrible consequence that changed his family's life forever.

I did have one issue...I thought this book moved too fast.  I mean I loved the scenes with Jax and Blake together, just because their opposite characteristics, yet at the same time having the chemistry be very obvious as well! However, I wish there could have been a bit back story...for instance the author kept mentioning this other lawyer, Sara, who Blake's mom and sister thought would be the perfect woman for Blake, similarity wise; however, nothing ever happened with that character.  She was mentioned in between, but no real conflicts.  I sort of wish there could have been more with that.

Overall rating:
This was a cute read!  Exactly my type of book! I love these somewhat cheesy contemporary romances, because they are fun, light, and just an overall cute!

I recommend this one to somewhat cheesy contemporary romance readers! Harlequin, I have heard, is known for those, so you've enjoyed novels in the past by them, then I think this is the book for you! :)

I will warn you, it does contain some pretty graphic sexual encounters, between Jax and Blake, so if you don't like novels involving graphic sex, then you probably won't like this one!

You can get your copy on Amazon and Barnes and Noble! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick