Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer

***WARNING*** May Contain Spoilers from First book in Series!!***

I've FINALLY read it!!!

Yes!!!

I have honestly been waiting since February 23rd, 2012, last year to get my hands on Scarlet, the second book in the Lunar Chronicles!  February 23rd, being the day I finished reading Cinder of course! :)

And OMG, the wait was 100% worth it!! :)

From Goodreads:

Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)
Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.


 My Thoughts:

WOW! Just wow!  An instant favorite this one!

Now I will say I was having my doubts a few months ago, when I saw some of the bloggers who'd gotten ARCs say it was about a different character, other than Cinder.  I was thinking to myself, "BUT what about CINDER???  Her story wasn't over!!!"
But luckily, I had nothing to worry about!

This book takes off where Cinder left off, and starts off with a bang! And continues that bang until the very end!

I will say it took me a little under a week for me to finish this book. Normally, it doesn't take that long for me to finish a book I've been looking forward to reading; but for some reason as I was reading it there were a couple of days in there where I just didn't feel like reading...I felt jittery almost...it was weird!  Anyway, I figured out what it was!  It was the anticipation of FINALLY having Scarlet in my hands!!!! I'm serious! Does anyone else feel that way ever when they start a book, that they've been waiting a long time for; and they truly enjoy it, but then are sad as their reading it, because they know when they are finished with it, they're going to have to start that wait all over again for that next book??? That's the feeling I got as I was reading this book!

Overall rating:
This book is absolutely and 100% phenomenal!  I am seriously in love with this series! I HIGHLY recommend it if you haven't read it!  Everything about this series is intriguing! The characters, the unique fairy-tale retellings, the author's writing! Everything! No joke!  

Highly recommend this series to everyone! :)

Now, I'm going to go and wait in a corner until next year for the next book to be released!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick