Foretold (Anthology) (ARC) Review

I received Foretold from Meg Cabot this summer in a surprise package thanking me for Meg-A Readers.  Believe me I was jumping up and down with excitement! I don't receive many ARCs that are hard copies, so it extra exciting having it be one that not only contained a short story from Meg (my all time favorite author) but also Simone Elkeles!!! (one of my other all time favorites!)

Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction
Gorgeous cover right?!

But you want to know what the most surprising part was? Their stories weren't even my favorite in this anthology!

14 Different Stories!  From Best Selling authors including Meg Cabot (Princess Diaries), Simone Elkeles (Perfect Chemistry Trilogy), Richelle Mead (The Vampire Academy), Laini Taylor (Daughter of Smoke and Bone), Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia (Beautiful Creatures), and many more; this is ultimate book to get stories out of so many of your favorite authors! And all with a theme!

Foretold contains 14 different stories each with the theme of prophecy and prediction, with is even perfect for those fantasy/paranormal fans, because this book has it all!  Love, vampires, real teen love, phantoms...the question should be...WHAT DOESN'T IT HAVE?

Now instead of telling you about each individual story, I have decided to pick my favorite and talk about that:

My favorite was actually the first one...Gentlemen Send Phantoms by Laini Taylor.  I haven't read Daughter of Smoke and Bone YET, but I've had it on my Wish-to-Be-Read list since forever, so now after reading this short story it just made me realize how much further up the list this book needs to go!

Here's the description from Laini Taylor's Blog:
It's a fanciful and sweet-natured story that takes place on St. Faith's Day, the evening when a girl might glimpse the phantom of the man she's going to marry and "know some of what life holds in its basket for her." The thing is, three friends are all hoping for a glimpse of the same phantom, the one belonging to Matty Blackgrace, and maybe one of them will get him, or none of them will, but sure there's one girl in particular we'll be rooting for. 


My thoughts:

This is honestly one of the CUTEST short stories I've ever read! If not THE CUTEST!  I loved the characters! I loved how it made me feel like a little girl again whose mom was reading her a classic fairytale! It was absolutely lovely!

I have only one complaint:  WHY couldn't it be book length?? Haha just kidding, but seriously, I loved it so much I just did not want it to end!



Another great story was Simone Elkeles's Fate!  It brought back Simone's classic style of writing, that makes the reader feel like they are jumping into a real life teenage drama; with all the essentials! Love it! 

Also Richelle Mead's story Homecoming had me wanting me even more to get to reading her Vampire Academy series! 

Such powerful authors, who get their words across the page with such flawlessness that it has you just wanting more and more, and right away going on Goodreads to see what else they have written (at least that is what I found myself doing)!


Definitely check it out if you get the chance!

Overall rating:


 

Thanks Everyone! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Also Richelle Mead's story Homecoming had me wanting me even more to get to reading her Vampire Academy series Extra Bookie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick